It pleased the LORD for the sake of his righteousness to make his law great and glorious.
Why does God make mountains and hills wastelands, rivers dry up and become islands, and pools of water dry up?
God has redeemed the people, and people from all over the world will sing new songs to glorify God, because God is in power, and a new conqueror will rise up to replace Babylon’s rule. God, like a mighty warrior, goes out to war, and like a woman gives birth, breaking the long silence, to make the darkness light, to make the blind walk in paths he does not know; to make the crooked straight, to bring the captive people home safely , for God did not forsake them. But the people were deaf and blind, and complained that God hid the way. In fact, it was because they refused to follow God’s teaching that they were robbed and became plunder, and they are still like this today. God wants them to listen attentively and focus on God’s righteous deeds in order to change the future.
God wants us to listen, to understand His will, to play a listening game: “Here I am”
Props:blindfolds, sticks rolled from newspapers
- Everyone forms a circle and chooses one person to be the “seeker”. He should hold a stick and put on a blindfold and stand in the middle of the circle.
- The host gives instructions to hit someone, but the “seeker” can only rely on the sound to distinguish the direction and find the “victim”.
- When the host shouted “Start”, everyone shouted to the “seeker” at the same time: “I am here.” (Everyone must keep making voices to confuse the seeker’s discernment.)
- The “seeker” walks in the direction that sounds likely to be correct, and hits the person’s head with a stick. If you hit three times wrongly, it will be considered a failure.
(Be careful not to get hurt while playing the game)
- Wheezing:Shortness of breath.
- Dry up:the water dries up.
In life, do I understand what God wants (or doesn’t) want me to do or say to me through the Bible, church, or parents lately?
Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for giving me the ears to teach, and please open the eyes of my heart to understand your will, walk on the path of your truth, and praise your unchanging love. In the name of the Lord Jesus, amen.