Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other.
To whom should one look and be saved?
Cyrus was an instrument used by God, but it was God who actually saved. The people of Egypt, Cush, and Sebas will all surrender and pay tribute to Israel, acknowledging that “the Lord is really among you.” Although man cannot see God, He has brought salvation to Israel, so that they will not be ashamed; although idols are visible, they have no power, and can only make their creators ashamed together. God did not make the earth “desolate” but to inhabit it. Israel did not seek God in vain, God never hid from Jacob’s descendants, and all He talked about was righteousness and uprightness. God said: “Look to Me, and you will be saved.” So that people will say: “Justice, and power, are in God alone.”
God does not hide from Israel, come and play “God’s Name Fun” to know Him better:
- Prepare a blank card, write the name of Jehovah on one side (such as: Jehovah Tsikkennu), and write the meaning of the name on the other side (such as: Jehovah our righteousness). Complete all cards with reference to the name of Jehovah listed below.
- Put all the cards on the table with the meaningful side down covered. Give it a minute or two to remember.
- Everyone takes turns turning over cards. Before each flop, each person read the name of God and the meaning.
- Turn it over and see if you are right. If you are right, continue to flop the cards until you say you are wrong and you lose, and you cannot turn over the cards again.
- In the end, whoever is right the most will be the winner. Let’s bless and pray together.
Yahweh Shammah: Yahweh is God with me (Ezekiel 48:35)
Jehovah Jireh: The Lord Will Provide (Genesis 22:14)
Yahweh Sharon: Yahweh gives peace (Judges 6:24)
Jehovah Rapha: The Lord is the God who heals me (Exodus 15:26)
Jehovah Hosienu: The Lord is the God who made us (Psalm 95:6)
Jehovah Lois: The Lord is my Shepherd (Psalm 23:1)
Jehovah Eenezer: The Lord has helped us until now (1 Samuel 7:12)
Jehovah Thikennu: The Lord our righteousness (Jeremiah 23:6).
Jehovah Meccadishi: The Lord is the one who sanctifies you (Leviticus 20:8)
Jehovah Keber: Jehovah is the Mighty Warrior (Isaiah 9:6)
Justification:There are two meanings in the Bible: one means that you are without sin; the other means that God sees you as righteous and perfect. Justification is obtained when we believe in the Lord and are saved.
Although I may not see God with the naked eye, but think about it, what things in life allow me to see His creation, justice, power, salvation, help, grace…?
Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for showing yourself to us, and praise you as the Lord of creation, justice, salvation, and love. Help me always remember your grace, think about your wonderful deeds, be grateful, and respond to your love to serve you. I pray in the name of the Lord Jesus, amen.