( Isaiah 48:18)
If only you had paid attention to my commands, your peace would have been like a river, your righteousness like the waves of the sea.
God promised Israel that if they obeyed God’s commands, what good things would happen?
God’s people are dishonest and disobedient to God. Therefore, God had to explain His plan, lest the people attribute to idols what God had done. God restrained his anger from destroying his people, because he did not want his name to be despised by the Gentiles. He disciplined them with affliction and chose them with love. The people are to demonstrate dedicated obedience to God. When God calls, heaven and earth stand still, ready to obey, even foreign kings (Cyrus king of Persia). Israel should also obey God’s command, so that it can have peace and righteousness, and realize the promise that its descendants will be as numerous as the sand on the seashore.
To obey God’s command, come and play “Please Do This With Me”:
- Make a circle first, the host moves, and at the same time speaks while doing it, and the others clap their hands together and say “Please do this with me”.
- The person on his right will first take over the actions made by the other party, and then add a new action.
- Pass the action down one by one until the last person.
- If someone fails to catch the action in the middle, it is considered ugly. For those who fail to catch the action three times in total, other people will decide what “punishment” they will receive.
Note: There must be no dangerous or indecent movements.
- Blasphemy: Contemptuous, disrespectful.
Is there anything, or when, I don’t like listening to God? Through reading the Bible and praying, I am willing to reflect on myself, change and obey, and enjoy the peace He bestows.
Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for not giving up on me just because I am disobedient, and letting me have parents, teachers and elders around me who patiently teach me. Please grant me ears that can hear and a heart that obeys, so that I can enjoy Your fairness and justice throughout my life. I pray in the name of the Lord Jesus, amen.